1) Arrive 30 minutes before your performance to tune, warm up, and possibly even play a little early if the schedule is going by quickly
2) Dress to Impress!!!! If you don't have anything to wear, you can also put on your Black Concert Attire
3) Your accompanist will be in your performance room waiting for you. Make sure you follow the signs and be at your room early.
4) You are highly encourage to video record!
5) Once you are finished, go home. Results will be given on Monday.
Pride of Texas Music Festival
Location, Pin Stack
Thursday, April 11th
(Beginner O. only)
Check your email for information from Mrs. Kim
Spring Movie Night
Friday, April 26th
Pizza and Ice Cream will be served, bring your own drink!
Frisco Music Festival
Friday, May 3rd
Location, Lebanon Trail HS
check your emails for information from Mrs. Lindsey
Final Orchestra Concert
Featuring all Disney Pop Music
Friday, May 17th, 6pm
Location, Lebanon Trail HS
Frisco Summer Strings Camp
Mark Your Calendars!!!
July 29th-August 1st
Fowler Middle School will be hosting.
Applications will be available soon!
CONGRATULATIONS FOWLER ORCHESTRA!!!
The Advanced Symphonic Orchestra placed 4th in the Texas Music Honor Orchestra Competition!!!!
Amazing job! Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Lindsey are
SO PROUD OF YOU!
Interested in purchasing an instrument?
Contact Mrs. Lindsey for help. Purchasing an instrument is a financial committment and you don't want to be stuck with a bad purchase. Mrs. Lindsey is happy to help direct you, try the instruments for you, and help you pick the right one for your budget and your child's best interest. If you take private lessons, feel free to go to your private teacher for help as well. Do not purchase instruments online. Stay away from Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, and any retail store that doesn't specialize in stringed instruments. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Lindsey. Thank you!
SBO Magazine features the Fowler Orchestra Program
Click on "Music with Attitude" or go to page 14 to read the article.
Chewing gum is a major violation of school policy and orchestra room ettique. A student caught chewing gum in the orchestra room will automatically be issued a C-HALL. No warnings will be given since students are very aware of the policy in place at FMS.
NO PASS, NO PLAY
Students who are not passing classes (academic or elective) are not eligible to perform for competitions such as UIL, Sandy Lake Festival, Pride of Music Festival, or Peak Music Festival.
Ineligible students are STILL REQUIRED to attend their orchestra concerts since
that is part of the class and is graded.
Due on Google Classroom EVERY FRIDAY!
STEPS TO KEEPING OURSELVES CLEAN AND GERM FREE IN THE ORCHESTRA ROOM (as much as possible)
* Wash your hands before walking into the orchestra room * Keep a cleaning cloth in your case and clean your instrument after every time you play * Keep fingernails cut short! *Cover your mouth ALL THE WAY when you sneeze! *Cover your mouth with you yawn! *Blow your nose at the back of the room, then wash your hands * Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands!!!!