Don't miss out!!!!! All Students trying out for Region SHOULD be attending!!!
(NOT FOR STRINGS STUDENTS)
Fall Orchestra Concert
Wednesday, October 25th
Lebanon Trail HS Auditorium
Black Orchestra Polos (will be ordered soon!)
*Students will be allowed to wear Festive ornamentation (partial costumes) to their concert attire. As long as it does not get in the way of their performance
1. Students MUST stay for the entire concert. Students MAY NOT leave in the middle of the concert. It is part of the TEKS by the State of Texas that students understand how to be an audience memeber.
2. Please turn off your cell phones, or keep them on silent
3. Video Taping is allowed
4. Bring your Family and Friends!!!!
5. Parent attendance IS IMPORTANT! Your child needs your support! The calendar is set for the year, plan accordingly
ALL REGION AUDITIONS
Saturday, October 28th
Individual Times TBA
Plano East Senior High
More Information will be posted soon!
(NOT FOR STRINGS)
Interested in purchasing an instrument?
Contact Mrs. Lindsey for help. Purchasing an instrument is a financial committment and you don't want to be stuck with a bad purchase. Mrs. Lindsey is happy to help direct you, try the instruments for you, and help you pick the right one for your budget and your child's best interest. If you take private lessons, feel free to go to your private teacher for help as well. Do not purchase instruments online. Stay away from Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, and any retail store that doesn't specialize in stringed instruments. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Lindsey. Thank you!
Charms is the new orchestra database system. Eventually, you will be able to access your child's orchestra related information: what you owe, documents, instrument, lockers, etc. While FMS is still getting use to the new program, please be patient this year, as we try to figure things out.
Students have learned how to get on CHARMS and now parents can access as well to make sure that students entered there personal information correctly. I will begin using CHAMRS for emails, so please make sure your email is current!!
How To Get Into CHARMS;
1. type: www.charmsoffice.om
2. Login as parent/student: enter the school code- FowlerMSorch
3. Password: Student IDfirstnamelastname
4. Sroll to the bottom of the page and click on the icon: Update Info
5. Check to make sure all of the information provided is correct
ps-CHARMS will be going under construction over the weekend, if you are having trouble logging in, this may be due to the system. Please be patient and try again later.
All Checks should be made out to "Fowler Orchestra Booster Club"
SBO Magazine features the Fowler Orchestra Program
Click on "Music with Attitude" or go to page 14 to read the article.
Chewing gum is a major violation of school policy and orchestra room ettique. A student caught chewing gum in the orchestra room will automatically be issued a C-HALL. No warnings will be given since students are very aware of the policy in place at FMS.
NO PASS, NO PLAY
Students who are not passing classes (academic or elective) are not eligible to perform for competitions such as UIL, Sandy Lake Festival, Pride of Music Festival, or Peak Music Festival.
Ineligible students are STILL REQUIRED to attend their orchestra concerts since
that is part of the class and is graded.
Every student has a practice log on CHARMS. Entries must be made by Sunday at midnight.
3 zeros on practice card grade = 1 CHALL
STEPS TO KEEPING OURSELVES CLEAN AND GERM FREE IN THE ORCHESTRA ROOM (as much as possible)
* Wash your hands before walking into the orchestra room * Keep a cleaning cloth in your case and clean your instrument after every time you play * Keep fingernails cut short! *Cover your mouth ALL THE WAY when you sneeze! *Cover your mouth with you yawn! *Blow your nose at the back of the room, then wash your hands * Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands!!!!
WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD OF STRINGS???
Go to a live professional concert with your family this year! Please visit these websites for more information on upcoming concerts around the N. Dallas Area. >>>>>